Sunday, November 14, 2010

Introduction

Hi everyone :)  I suppose I should take a minute to introduce myself before I start this journey.  My name is Sarah.  I'm vegan. I'm also a photographer (well, in training).  I shoot mainly weddings and other events.

Here I am!! (I was wearing a strapless dress!!)



Recently I've been looking for a new photography project so I can start photographing outside of the work environment.  I've been thinking about it for a while but never really had an idea that I felt I could really dive into...nothing that didn't require sets and props or rely on weather or other people.

Then, yesterday it hit me.  I was talking to a friend (another photographer) about photography projects as she just started a new one herself.  We were sitting in her kitchen and being a total sweetheart she was trying to offer me food.  She asked me a question I get asked often, "what exactly do you eat?"  And I came up with the same answer as always...which was no answer.  I don't know why but I can never verbalize what I eat as a vegan.

After I came home I put 2 and 2 together.  It is the perfect photography project.  I HAVE to eat so I never have to depend on anyone or anything around me.  I don't have big sets or a lot of props, but I'm going to start off small and see where it goes from here. Just to let you know, I plan on letting the photos shine on this blog.  If you are interested in the full blog experience from me, please feel free to visit my other blog, VaVaVegan. Here, I am going to photograph the beautiful food I eat and at the same time I'm going to address the question that is asked all the time, yet never answered...until now.

My friends, THIS is what I eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment