Thursday, June 2, 2011

Super Yummy and Super Active Day!

Today was a great day! I started off at the gym at 7am getting in a 2.5 mile run.  Like I've said in the past, I've never been a runner but this jump to 2.5 miles has been very easy for me and it is really exciting!  Progress is always encouraging.

Let's get to the food ;)


Breakfast: A borderline overnight oat fail.  It was thick.  I decided to combine my protein shake with my oats and combined 1/3 cup oats with 1 tbsp chia seeds, 1 scoop pea protein, 1 tbsp rice protein and 3/4 cup almond milk.  It was REALLY thick in the morning but had a mousselike texture.  It didn't taste bad but I couldn't get more than half down because it was SO thick and heavy.  Next time I'll just drink the shake then have some fruit.

Midmorning snack: Iced coffee and a peach.


Lunch: Chopped salad and unpictured stuffed grape leaves.  I LOVE DOLMA!

Post workout (my second workout of the day): Protein Shake.  I don't even like 1 protein shake a day nevermind 2. Yuck.


Dinner: I wanted a repeat of my lunch yesterday but can't eat complex carbs after 3 (training reasons) so I made it into a tofu scramble.  Tofu with salsa, kidney beans and some leftover grilled portabello and onion.  It was really good!!

Enjoy your night!

2 comments:

  1. You put the protein shake in the oatmeal? Like you put the lime in the coconut;-) I've never done beans in my Tofu Scramble. One of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Trust me, I would have much preferred the lime in the coconut ;) The protein oats were kinda yucks. The tofu scramble was really good though. I don't know where some of these combos come from but they tend to work!

    ReplyDelete