Monday, July 25, 2011

Delicious Day

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post yesterday, I had a Christening to attend so I was out for a while and didn't get any good shots of my food.  I'm back today though with super yummy eats.

I still feel crappy about not being able to train but I'm going to run on the trampoline tomorrow to get the blood flowing.  One more week...

Check out the grub:


Breakfast :A peach, a half of an orange and some cherries.  I ate about 3/4 of it because it was more fruit than I anticipated.

Midmorning: Iced coffee. I've noticed I've been drinking way less of it though. I didn't even drink a full small one.  This is a good step because I'm trying to limit my coffee intake.


Lunch: A delicious mediterranean meal from the Whole Foods salad bar.  Falafel, dolma, hummus and a spicy eggplant salad.  It was SO good, and the eggplant was delicious and spicy and a great addition to the dish.


Afternoon snack: Homemade Lemon Coconut Bar from Ani's Raw Food Kitchen. This treat is PHENOMENAL. It has beautiful, bright lemon flavor from adding a ton of zest.  It is like the best version of a lemon larabar...more fresh lemon flavor, lots of texture and costs less than $2 a bar :) I halved the recipe and made 6 and divided them up using a muffin pan, hence the shape. Totally recommend this treat...dates, almonds, coconut, lemon...can't go wrong!


Dinner will be this salad I made at the Whole Foods salad bar. Greens, carrots, zucchini and yellow squash, chickpeas, broccoli, cucumber and sun-dried tomatoes. This is gonna be good!


Dessert: Yes, I'm having dessert tonight! I plan on eating one of these raw Chai Spice macaroons for dessert tonight.  They look so good, I hope they taste as good as they look! I'll let you know!




4 comments:

  1. Attending a Christening, running on a trampoline, not being able to eat an entire portion of one Peach, half an Orange & some Cherries, making Coconut Bars, Chai Macaroons for dessert. There is just so much going on in this post, I am exhausted

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I know I'm exhausted too ;) I was feeling yucky this morning because I ate a little pasta last night so the wheat left me feeling a bit lethargic and with little appetite so that is why the fruit didn't get finished. I totally regret the pasta but I was hungry and it was one of the few vegan options so I ate a few bites...which is especially silly because I don't really even like pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The lemon-date thing looks great! I'd love to try making one. I always buy dates anticipating a recipe like that but just eat them on their own! I love that flavor of the macaroons too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://food.laurieashton.com/2009/09/lemon-coconut-larabars/ that is very similar to the recipe I used. I used almonds instead of cashews though :) They came out amazing! And the chai macaroon was so amazing, perfectly spicy!!

    ReplyDelete