Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A Day Late...

...but totally worth the wait! At least I think so :X Sorry I didn't get to post last night, I was so tired when I got home from work I figured I'd just wait until this morning so I can actually think clearly as I post.

I had another good day yesterday so I guess I'll start from the beginning. I woke up early and had 2 clementines right away to to get some sugar in my system to sustain me through my workout. I finally put together a sick workout utilizing the heavy bag in my free time. Here is what I did:

15 minute jog @5.0 mph (12:00 mile)
15 minutes on arc trainer (if you don't know what that is, the best way I can describe it is if the stairmaster and elliptical had a lovechild).

On the heavy bag:
1-3 minute round boxing
1-3 minute round elbows and knees
1-3 minute round kicks
2-3 minute rounds freestyle (punches, knees, kicks, elbows)

(3x) 30 seconds straight punches followed by 1 minute ground and pound.

Awesome workout! I felt great after! I also have a product review for you. I picked up some Vega Sport Electrolyte Hydrator at Whole Foods on a whim the other day.


You can get more info here and it's also where I grabbed the pic. It is a small tube of powder that you add to your water and it is supposed to rehydrate you and replace your electrolytes during a workout (like Gatorade would) minus the calories and yucky stuff. I grabbed one of each flavor and tried the lemon-lime one yesterday. It was actually really good! It works like Gatorade but tastes more like vitamin water. It has a very mellow taste but is still good. Whether or not it really works who knows I'll probably use a couple times a week. I think it was only 99 cents per tube too so it's way cheaper than vitamin water, gatorade or coconut water.

And now onto the food!


When I got home from the gym I made myself a protein shake to drink while making this delicious breakfast. I had some oats with a banana and a tbsp of chopped walnuts. Lots of cinnamon, naturally.


I decided to get some Chipotle for lunch. Such a great decision, my burrito bowl was delicious! Filled with the usual suspects, brown rice, black beans, pico de gallo, guacamole and lettuce. YUM!

In the afternoon I had an unpictured coffee and some almonds.


For dinner I had some delicious Mediterranean Hummus from Trader Joe's with 3 stuffed grape leaves (there is one hidden under the carrots) and a big ol' pile of carrots.

Such a delicious day started off by a sick workout. Feeling good these days. Been making sure to drink a ton of water too which is so important. I love having a little more spare time in the winter to be able to actually plan my meals and workouts :)

Hope you all have a great day! Happy hump day :)

7 comments:

  1. Yum Chipotle... and that's pretty awesome you are using a heavy bag in your workout! I used to do Karate and loved using those:) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! The workout sounds amazing - no wonder you felt great afterwards! I've often been curious about the Vega brand and their products, this sounds promising!

    Chipotle definitely does it right - might have to pay them a visit, as it's been a while. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're totally airbrushing that Burrito Bowl. Lindsay Lohan should get such airbrushing for her Playboy shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your workout does sound like it rocked! I can just imagine how great you felt. I love that feeling.

    Someday I will eat at a Chipotle. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brittany - I use it a lot with my trainer and I have no idea why it took me so long to realize I should use it on my own! I love these workouts!

    Ingrid - Thanks, it was really great. Definitely give Vega a whirl! The hydrating powder was really good and I tried the chocolate coconut protein bar...holy moly!! It is like eating a candy bar, SO GOOD!

    Shen - I don't even know how I would even go about photoshopping a burrito bowl. That sucker is au naturale. I think it is the lighting and sharpness that make it look photoshopped. The photoshopping they are going to have to do on her teeth alone will take a team of 10!

    Molly - It felt really great. I love that feeling too. It felt even more great because I motivated myself to do it on my own :) Yes, definitely get to Chipotle!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those oats look so delicious. I've never tried peanut butter oats, but I think I'm going to for breakfast tomorrow. Oh wait, we're out of peanut butter. Maybe tomorrow for dinner :)

    What kind of protein powder do you use? I've yet to find one I like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ashlae! PB oats are delicious! Let me know if you try it!

    I use a mixture of 2 protein powders. The two together combine to form a complete protein. The first is gemma pea protein isolate which you can find here: http://truenutrition.com/p-1115-gemma-pea-protein-isolate-non-gmo-1lb.aspx

    I also use a brown rice protein which you can find here: http://www.nutribiotic.com/rice-protein-chocolate.html

    If you are going to just choose one I'd start with the pea protein. It is a lighter powder and mixes a lot better :)

    ReplyDelete