1 package sandwich cookies (the original recipe called for Oreos but I made mine more festive for the holidays by making a batch with Candy Cane Joe Joe's and a batch with Newman O's Ginger Cookies)
1-8 oz tub of tofutti cream cheese
1 package vegan chocolate chips (if dipping the truffles)*
1. Process cookies into fine crumbs in the food processor.
2. Mix softened cream cheese in with crumbs. Combine completely.
3. Refrigerate for at least an hour to let it set a little.
4. Roll mixture into small balls (I used a medium sized ice cream scoop). Refrigerate again until firm.
5. If dipping, melt chocolate chips and dip truffles until evenly coated. Refrigerate to set the chocolate coating.
*Note - Dipping any chocolate or peanut butter cream cookies in chocolate will always be delicious. I didn't know how the ginger cookies would taste so I rolled them in powdered sugar. They looked great for a little bit but then condensed and formed more of a glaze (which isn't bad either). You could also try vegan white chocolate for those.
Ginger Cookie Truffles rolled in Powdered Sugar
Candy Cane Joe Joe Truffles dipped in Chocolate
I told you it was really really easy. You can honestly just leave the mixture in a bowl and just spoon it into your mouth it is that good. :)