Monday, December 26, 2011

Wish Lists Becoming Reality

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a lovely and happy holiday whichever you may celebrate :) It was nice to spend quality time with family, and as I said before I'm spending the week pet sitting for my bro so updates will be sporadic for this week. I did, however, want to show you some of the amazing things that my generous family gave me mostly because I think they will look familiar to you!


MY NINJABREAD MEN COOKIE CUTTERS!!! I'm not gonna lie I'm pretty much the most excited about these. It is kinda sad but they make me smile :) I also got the cupcake kitchen timer and the chopsticks for dummies :)


For my skull and crossbones obsession...skull spatulas, my skull and crossbones ice cube tray and skull key covers :)


My gorgeous measuring bowls from Anthropologie. 1/4, 1/3, 1/2 and 1 cup bowls. Keep an eye out for these in future photos!


An individual blender to make my quick protein shakes since I broke my other one. I don't have a good track record with blenders... I broke my friend's blender when I was visiting him in Florida. Oops! Hopefully this one will make it longer than the other ones :X

I am very fortunate to have a very generous family. I hope that you all had a lovely holiday and that you were able to enjoy those around you. Delilah is off visiting her other grandparents in Texas but she says hi as well :)

I'll hopefully be back sometime this week to show you some food. Things will definitely get back to normal for me on here after the new year.

Oh and my decision for my hair... I think that for now I'm going to keep some length and get some shape and style in there for now...lots of layers most likely. Then in the spring I will do a pretty big chop and get rid of quite a few inches :) I'll keep you posted on it and I'll definitely post pics when I get it done. 

Ciao for now!




15 comments:

  1. Haha, I love the chopsticks! I need some of those. It takes me about half an hour to pick anything up with real chop sticks. It's ridiculous.

    I also break blenders a lot, too. I'm on my third within the same year.
    I love the measuring cups, they're beautiful!

    Glad to hear you have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holiday! Great gifts! I love the anthropologie measuring bowls. So pretty. Have a fantastic week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous bowls. The gingerbread cutouts are very kickass too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad some of your Christmas wishes came true! Cute stuff. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you take the pic of the Anthropologie bowls? If so, the company should probably hire you to market their wares.

    'Licuadora'?! Reminds me of one of the best things about NYC is buying the goods from street vendors. My fake Rolex kept precision time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isobelle - I'm so glad I'm not the only blender breaker! ;) hopefully this one will last a little while!

    Nikki - thanks! Happy holidays! The bowls are my fav, can't wait to start photographing my food in them! ;)

    Maud - haha love the ninjabread men! I need a little baking detox but then I have plans for them ;)

    Jenny - thanks you too!

    Shen - I took the photo but I'm pretty sure the one on their site is very similar to it if I remember correctly. I wish I could get a fake vitamix from the street vendors, all the power, fraction of the price! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bowls and those chopsticks I so need. :o) Your family hooked you up!
    I've been wanting one of those personal blenders. Do they work well blending up frozen fruits?

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of those things are awesome! I love the cupcake timer..eep! I have that personal blender and it's totally one of my favorite things in my life :] heh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you made out like a bandit! Those are awesome gifts. I cam't wait to see you make some Ninja Bread Man cookies. I also love the skull and cross bones ice cube tray. Very cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have those Ninjabread Man cookie cutters!!! I didn't make them this year, though. I didn't have the time to do sugar cookies. Maybe in January!

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What awesome loot you got! The ninjabread man cookie cutters are my favorite, too, although the measuring bowls come very close!

    I have an individual blender (can't remember the brand name at the moment...) and just love it. We've used it so much. Much more than our actual blender.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Michelle - I will let you know when I try it on a smoothie :)

    Amie - I'm so glad you said that, I'm glad to know it works so well! I love the timer too, it is soooooo cute!

    Sage - I know I feel so spoiled! Very excted about the ninjas!

    pb&g - Ooooh we should totally coordinate and make our ninja cookies at the same time!

    Molly - I used my individual blender more too, whch is probably how I broke it. Oops! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like some fun presents. I look forward to seeing the bowls in action. Sounds like a good decision on the hair. Tip for you when you do get more of a chop: tell the stylist you still want to be able to put it in a ponytail. That way you'll still keep some length & be able to put it up if you start "schvitzing." Hee Hee.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sarah! I've just read your last two posts, and let me say this: you are lovely, and your hair will be fabulous any way you go!

    Hooray for great gifts! Everything looks absolutely Sarah-esque! I can't wait to see what you do with the ninja men, too cute. Those Anthro bowls are gorgeous!

    Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miss Rachel - Thanks! I can't wait to photograph my meals in the bowls. Great idea for the hair stylist! I love that you just said shvitzing :) It made me kvell a little ;)

    Ingrid - Thank you so much that is so sweet of you to say. Hope you had a great time in Texas and had a very happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete