Monday, March 19, 2012

Exhausted in the Best Possible Way

Hey everyone! I'm posting this on my laptop in my bed where I probably will stay for a long time. I jut got home and cleaned up from my double training session and let me tell you, I'm so exhausted! We did A LOT of kicks today. Lots of rounds on the pads and heavy bag as well as a round of attack and defend. Lots of kicks, punches, knees, drills, and core today. Needless to say I walked out of that gym red faced, drenched in sweat, already sore and exhausted. So tonight will be a quiet night spent in my bed enjoying the breeze coming into my window. I can't think of a better way to recover from a hard workout :)

Some pretty basic food today. Haven't had dinner yet but I'm sure it won't be exciting. I'll show you what I've had so far though.


Breakfast was the other half of my baked oatmeal with some cantaloupe. 


For snack I had a delicious honeycrisp apple.


Lunch was a big ol' chopped salad. All of the usual suspects plus some hemp seeds. I'm loving the hemp seeds!

After my workout I had a protein shake and tons of water so I'm not hungry for dinner right now. I'll have something small in a little bit.

I just saw that Ewan McGregor is going to be on Conan tonight. That's pretty awesome!

Hope you all have a great night! I'll be in my bed. Because I can't move. And I love it. :)

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you deserve a night relaxing in bed! That's some serious ass kicking you did today!

    I love hemp seeds and usually have a bag of them in the fridge. Definitely a great addition to a salad!

    Enjoy your night (and the last official night of winter)!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it felt good :) I'm still relaxing in bed since I don't have to go to work until 2. I'm going to soak up every minute I can get!

      I am definitely loving the hemp seeds! I'll have to experiment with them more!

      Happy spring!

      Delete
  2. Haha, I love those workouts that make you feel like you'll never be able to move your muscles in the same way again.
    I'm feeling that right now from running 30 minutes extra yesterday.

    How long does your double session last?

    I bought my first bag of hemp seeds last weekend and I have been putting them on all of my salads. So good! They taste a lot like sunflower seeds to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, running is definitely something that I feel for a while after I do it. For some reason I just don't enjoy running. It actually causes anxiety for me. I couldn't even begin to explain it. A double training session for me is an hour and a half with my trainer and I usually get 30 minutes of cardio in before. So altogether I work out for 2 hours on Mondays.

      Aren't they great?! Yes, that is the perfect way to describe them!

      Delete
  3. Awesome job! It really is a great feeling to know you powered yr way through something like that. Hope the night is nice for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The night was very relaxing :) I enjoyed every second of it and I even got to bed early which is rare for me. That is a definite sign that I was exhausted!

      Delete
  4. I saw Ewan on Live With Kelly this morning. Very charming and dashing. Wish there were more like him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. He is a prime example of how men age way more gracefully than women. I have a million other examples. I've been a fan of his since his Trainspotting days :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a fantastic workout!! There's no better feeling in the world than when you've just completed an amazing session, and your muscles get to relax! Staying bed is the perfect place to be.

    Blueberries in baked oatmeal are always my favorite. What size ramekin do you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing and I literally couldn't get out of bed!! I actually even fell asleep really early too which was also great! :)

      Um, I don't know what size ramekin :X There was 1/2 cup of oats, 1/3 of a mashed banana, 1/3 cup almond milk and some blueberries. And stevia and cinnamon. I doubt that helps but I can measure it tomorrow!

      Delete
  6. I'm feelin exhausted too, but I haven't been working out (oops!). The self-empowerment conference I was at last weekend wore me out, but it was so inspiring too.

    Did you see Ewan McGregor's movie Beginners? It was wonderful, and Christopher Plummer is in it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great reason to be tired :) I bet it was really inspiring! I want to hear all about it and I want to see Kris Carr's pink hair!!! I hope there will be a post on it ;) Hint hint nudge nudge.

      I haven't seen it I'll definitely have to check it out!

      Delete