Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Crazy Sexy Diet Cleanse Take 2: Day 11

Hey everyone! I hope that everyone is finding their post holiday transition back to the grind to be smooth. At least it's only a 4 day week right? Well no not really because I have a wedding on Saturday but it's all good :) I'm getting used to the one day off a week deal again. I've gone way longer with no breaks so I make sure to enjoy every minute of my free time.

Today started off really well! I woke up and got my butt to the gym for some more running. I did the same 2 miles of intervals but switched it up a bit and shaved a minute off my time. It's still a pretty slow time but my motto for this training is "baby steps" ;) Not only did I improve my time but I felt so much better doing it. My breathing wasn't as labored, my legs weren't as sore and it seemed to be just a bit easier. And I am also comforted in knowing that it'll get easier every day. Progress people! After the intervals on the treadmill I hopped on the arc trainer and did 15 minutes just as a cool down.

Something I've come to realize in this cleanse is that my raw:cooked ratio is easiest for me to maintain when I just do one cooked meal and then the rest of my food for the day raw. I have a hard to doing a some cooked food and a big salad all in one meal. I prefer to eat a big salad pretty much every day for one meal and then just cook my other meal (breakfast is pretty much always a smoothie and when it's not, it's raw anyway). And my cooked meal tends to have a bunch of raw elements in it anyway so I'm definitely maintaining my mostly raw goals :) It'll be even easier once I get my dehydrator up and running! Of course today my cooked meal is all cooked because I said that but you know what I mean!

Here's what I ate today!


I tried to be mindful of using my breakfast to aid in post workout recovery so I chose my smoothie ingredients carefully. I used banana for the electrolyte replacement, frozen pineapple because it's an amazing anti-inflammatory, Vega protein powder and a big ol' handful of spinach because greens are great! It was very sweet so I only got through about 3/4 of it but it was good and hopefully it'll help my recovery :)


Late morning I snacked on some of my yummy strawberries.


Lunch was SOOOOO good! I made a veggie packed quesadilla with a little Daiya (1/8 cup) and a little avocado. I packed it full of spinach, onions and a portobello mushroom. It was so delicious and filling. The only thing that bummed me out was that it got really messy. Everything was falling out, I think because of the Daiya but I just shoved it all back in and continued on ;) I served it with a little roasted cauliflower. I am SO FULL! Oh and this is Kris Carr approved which is so awesome! She has a quesadilla recipe in her book, I just switched up the veggies.


For an afternoon snack I am going to have one of my cookies from One Lucky Duck! I forgot about these! After I eat this one I still have 4 left! Definitely making them last :) I still have some of those crackers too actually...


For dinner is a big raw salad! This one has spinach, carrots, cucumber, sun dried tomato and I mixed it up and threw in some raw broccoli! I have a hard time with raw broccoli but I figured chopped up small in a salad won't be too bad and it's always good to throw in a little extra green! Oh, and notice the spinach in every meal today ;)

That's all for today! I have to work until 9 tonight and I can't wait to get home and relax. I feel like I spent all of my spare time this morning doing laundry and prepping meals so it is definitely time to relax when I get home tonight.

I hope you are all well! I also just wanted to thank you all so much for all of your support and positivity you've thrown my way through this entire journey of me being sick and trying to improve my physical and emotional health. I'm so lucky to have "met" all of you and it comforts me to know you have my back! So thank you all so much!

14 comments:

  1. Shaving off a minute is a big deal! Woo! That lunch looks SO ridiculously incredible!! sometimes the messiest food is the best food:) Look at watermelon -- I can't eat a slice without getting it all over my cheeks!! haha...I'm so glad to have "met" you too! The blog world is wonderful for that, isn't it?! I hope work flies by tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! :) Lunch was delicious! It's true, some of the best foods are messy! The blog world is definitely wonderful, it's nice to be a part of a community and to feel welcome and supported :) I'm so appreciative to everyone!

      Delete
  2. Yea!! You're halfway there! That cleanse was soooo hard for me, but it felt great. And that quesadilla was my fave of the whole cleanse....probably because it was the most like what I eat in real life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It does feel great. I think the most difficult part for me is the amount of time it takes to prep everything. The quesadilla was so good! It feels like you are being bad but you aren't!

      Delete
  3. Look at you go, woo! Oh She Glows is doing a challenge to have a salad every day in June so I'm going to do that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I heard about the salad challenge, it sounds like fun! I feel like I'm going to get a lot of salad inspiration in June which is great!

      Delete
  4. You know, I decided recently to pay better attention to what I am eating too in terms of better fueling myself for exercise. We are so on the same page in life it's crazy! Thanks for the tips on your smoothie ingredients! I made myself a post-workout shake the other day of Sunwarrior chocolate protein, banana and almond milk- next time I will use vanilla and add some pineapple and greens too :)

    So glad you are well and in good spirits!

    Gabby @ the veggie nook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I totally feel like we are on the same wavelength! I tried the Vega Recovery Accelerator powder and wasn't a huge fan. It was so sweet and I didn't feel like it helped all that much. This smoothie definitely helped! The smoothie is really sweet so I just need to figure out how to make it less sweet so I can actually drink a whole one!

      Thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. Awesome job on the intervals! I bet you'll be ready for distance in no time! Do you prefer running inside or outside? Beautiful smoothie - I'm reminded to use up the container of chocolate rice protein sitting in my kitchen. . .

    I almost made roasted cauliflower this afternoon! I think I'll try a cauliflower hash (from Happy Herbivore), hopefully I don't regret it. Your quesadilla looks sooooo good! You have much more will power than I when it comes to Daiya! How are the cookies?

    Wishing you a restful evening, and a quick day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid! I'm planning on adding some distance in with the intervals so my first run will be a longer distance then I'll finish with intervals. Then I'll keep increasing that first "interval" until it is just distance.

      Oooh cauliflower hash sounds so good! I'll have to dig out my copy and look it up! The quesadilla was so good! It's funny, I actually found the Daiya to be really salty! I think that I'm more sensitive to salty and sweet since starting this cleanse! The cookies were really good! They are also sweet, so you only need one!

      Thanks, me too! Good luck with the training!

      Delete
  6. The quesadilla looks SO good! I've been eating lots of berries lately, which are finally available organic here without gouging our bank account. They're so, so good.

    That's terrific that you shaved a minute off of your 2 miles already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly! I need to find some blackberries. I LOVE blackberries :)

      Thank you!

      Delete
  7. You're very welcome for my support and positivity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) And a special thank you for threatening to call my mom! Made me get my act together ;)

      Delete