Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hump Day Eats

Hey everyone! It's another gloomy day here in NY. I think I hear rain which kind of sucks. Can't bring myself to look out the window yet even though I have to leave in a half hour. Oh well, I guess it'll be a surprise?

Anyway, I got all of my errands done yesterday. Earrings successfully switched out, lots of fun crafting stuff from Michael's (the canvases were on sale, I got 4 for $8!) AND I perused a fun health food specialty store. It happens to be next to the tattoo shop I go to and I've been in there before so I figured I'd go peruse. Well they have made some major changes and it is awesome! They have tons of cool stuff, lots of gluten free and raw foods AND a cafe attached! Fresh juices and smoothies and organic eats. It's not strictly veg but it is super vegan friendly. In fact, I grabbed a menu and figured I'd scan it for you just to show you why I'm so stoked :)


If you click on it you should be able to read it! The cafe and store have great stuff but it is a bit pricey so I didn't really partake in anything just yet, but when I hopefully get a little more work over the summer I'm going to splurge on a few fun treats!

Anyway, lets move on to today's eats. Today is a really good representation of the pantry challenge because I used a lot of pantry items I'm trying to finish up AND the scraps of my produce. I REALLY need to go grocery shopping, hopefully tomorrow evening. Check it out!


For breakfast I had a bowl of warming oats and added some walnuts, raisins and coconut. Cinnamon too, as always :) It was sooooooo good!

Midmorning snack will be an unpictured orange.


Lunch is a chopped salad. Spinach, cucumber, carrot, half an ear of not so great corn (found out too late), sun dried tomatoes and roasted chickpeas. Mmmm.


Afternoon snack is going to be a Lemon Coconut Hemp Seed Bite and probably some coconut water.


Dinner is going to be some Quinoa Edamame salad and some yummy pickles! Look at the little baby one :) I halved the recipe because I feel like a cup of quinoa is a lot. 

This should definitely keep me going on my long day! I need to write up a grocery list too, I'll have to sneak that in :) I hope you are all having a good week and Happy Hump Day! It's easy peasy after today.

I am not sure if I'll be able to post tomorrow because I'll be rushed in the morning because of my 7:30 AM MRI appointment but maybe I'll be able to share a grocery haul if I can get there. If not I'll see you Friday!

12 comments:

  1. Your oatmeal always looks so good! It always has me craving a steaming bowl, will need to have one soon :P

    Good luck with the MRI! I myself will be getting more bloodwork done again, so I'll send you positive vibes if you send me some? Deal!

    Have a great day tomorrow :)

    Gabby @ the veggie nook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabby!! I love oatmeal, and today was the perfect day for a warm bowl :)

      Thanks! Definitely will be sending you some positive vibes! Mine's at 7:30 am. Yuck!

      Thanks, you too!

      Delete
  2. Best of luck on the MRI tomorrow! I hope you don't have to go in the tube kind....

    It's always so exciting to find a new restaurant, isn't it? It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly! I've been to this place before and if it hasn't changed in the past 2 years it is the tube kind, but it'll be fine.

      The little cafe is very cute and I'm so excited to try it!

      Delete
  3. Happy hump day! Cold and gloomy here in Connecticut too. Some yummy food will get you through though, and it looks like a yummy AND healthy food day with some good whole foods. Good luck with you MRI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meals were definitely yummy :) The day was still long though. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. The Health Nut menu sounds delicious! I can't wait for you to try it!! Good looking eats all throughout the day, I was just thinking about oatmeal. Those coconut bites look so amazing!

    I totally should've halved the quinoa and corn recipe - it calls for one cup uncooked, and I've already eaten it twice, and I have a ton leftover! No sure how much longer I really want to be eating it. . .

    Heading over to check out your new post now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to finally try a fresh pressed juice! The prices seem pretty reasonable too! Thanks :) I was definitely in the mood for oats on a cold, yucky morning. The coconut bites are amazing!

      I usually only make half of a recipe because I get bored of it pretty quickly too. Quinoa is really filling too!

      Delete
  5. HOLY INSPIRING BOWL OF OATS! You've already got me craving breakfast and it's at least 12 hours away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Ashlae! It kind of looks like an ice cream sundae now that I look at it again :) Def try this combo, it's so good!

      Delete