Sunday, May 6, 2012

UFC on Fox and a Preview!

Hey everyone! I hope that you have all had an amazing weekend! I know I haven't been around much over the past week but it's been pretty busy here. Things are finally back to normal so next week I'll be posting lots of yummy food for you.

As I mentioned, last night I attended the live fights for UFC on Fox in New Jersey! The main event featured 1/2 of my favorite fighter bros, Nate Diaz (the other half, his bro Nick, cornered him). It was an exciting fight because the winner received a title shot. We got there in time to see all of the prelims in addition to the main card. In total I saw 5 hours worth of fights :) So amazing!


Check out how amazing our seats were! I could see everything in the cage crystal clear. It made the experience that much better to be that close. In addition, our seats were on the aisle in a section where people would have to pass us to get to the floor (we were 10 rows up from the floor). I would look up and there would be a fighter standing next to us waiting to get to their seats. For any other fight fans, I had Clay Guida, Michael Bisping and Jon Fitch standing next to me at some point. I didn't want to bother them for a pic though, I feel weird about doing that.


We were about 15 feet from one of the entrances where the fighters would walk out. Wouldn't you know it, they had Nate Diaz walk out on our side :) So awesome.

The fights themselves were amazing. There were a few sick knockouts, some amazing submissions (including a full on choke out - with the guy unconscious). I'm happy to say Nate Diaz won his fight via guillotine choke for his eventual title shot :) Great end to a great night!

OK, so I couldn't do another post with no food so I just have a few things to share with you. Nothing really exciting, just something I've been eating for breakfast a lot lately and some things I have coming up over the next week!


I've been eating this for breakfast a lot lately. It's just a banana with pecan butter, raisins and cinnamon. So delicious and filling!


Today I roasted a head of cauliflower for the week. I have some plans for this :) I was inspired by Shen's recent roasted cauliflower sides!


These are currently sitting on my countertop and will hopefully ripen soon... although I think it'll be a few days at least. Can't wait to eat these, especially the mangoes :)

Hope you all had a great weekend and a fun and festive Cinco de Mayo! Can't wait to show you some new meals next week. Today I'm just going to relax and probably lay on a heating pad for a bit. The crappy arena seats messed up my back/neck yesterday but it was so worth it! See you tomorrow!

11 comments:

  1. The seats do look great. Glad you had a fun time. The roasted cauliflower looks perfect, and I have definitely been similarly enjoying my fare share of avocados too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were awesome, I'm so lucky that I was able to get them. It was a really great night and I really needed that.

      I can't wait to eat the cauliflower! I've been craving it for a while! We share the same love of avocados. So good and they make your hair and skin soft :) Gotta love healthy fats!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed the fights and had great seats for it!

    Just in case you don't know this- put the mangos and avocados in a brown paper bag, then seal it up as well as you can. If you have bananas, throw them in there with them, too. They'll ripen faster that way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly, it was a great night!

      Thanks, I actually have mine sitting in a bag on the counter! Great minds think alike! :) I'm glad you wrote that though, someone else will probably be able to use that info!

      Delete
  3. Love it! I thought of you last night, and hoped you were enjoying the fights! The seats definitely look like they were in a great spot, and how amazing that you were so close to the fighters standing in the aisles. I would have been in awe of their skill and probably blushing due to their physique. ;) I bet you were so inspired by the fights!

    Does this mean Nate Diaz will have another fight soon? I sure hope you get to see it (if not in person, on cable!).

    Great looking eats, too! I almost picked up a head of cauliflower this week, but didn't. Now I'll have to put it on the list for next time, as roasted cauliflower sounds really good.

    I hope you have enjoyed your Sunday, and are feeling a little relief in your neck and back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies for the novel-length comment! Guess I had a lot to say. Ha!

      Delete
    2. Haha, trust me I've posted epic comments before, this isn't bad at all :)

      Thanks the seats were great and it was so much fun! The guys in the aisle were unfortunately fully clothed [ ;) ] but the fighters are indeed in great shape. Just sayin, ha! I was really inspired by the fights for sure, it made me want to hit the gym really hard and be clean clean clean in my eating!

      His title fight will be held off for a bit because there is a rematch from the last lightweight title fight before his chance. I believe he has the option to fight in the interim though.

      Thanks, can't wait to dig into the cauliflower! Feeling a bit of relief, thanks! Can't wait to get back to the gym tomorrow though!

      Delete
  4. Awesome! It sounds like you had an amazing time. I completely understand how important your seat location is in an arena or stadium. I go to a lot of concerts, and I never mind paying extra for really good seats.

    Mmmm, that cauliflower looks good. I love mashed cauliflower with a little salt and pepper.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sage! I had a great time! I'm really lucky that I was able to get these tickets... I honestly don't even know how much they cost because I got them through a connection but they were probably way more than I could afford. I'm incredibly grateful that I had the opportunity to experience it!

      Oooh mashed cauliflower sounds good! I should get on that :)

      Happy Monday (well I guess Tuesday now?)!

      Delete
  5. Mr. SV used to be heavily into boxing and we went to Atlantic City a couple times to see some live matches. Saw Lennox Lewis and Andrew Golota amongst others. It was an interesting experience even if I wasn't into the actual sport of it like you are. Glad you had an exciting evening is what I'm saying. In case you were wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that sounds like a lot of fun and like you saw some great fights! It was amazing to be that close and to feel the energy in the room. There is nothing like it and it was incredibly inspiring for me.

      Delete