Saturday, June 2, 2012

Crazy Sexy Diet Cleanse Take 2: Day 15

Hey everyone! I was going to skip this post because it is more of the same with the blasphemous use of recycled pics but I decided to do it anyway. My phone is charging for the long day and my equipment is packed so I had to use some photos I've already taken of meals I've already eaten. This will be a quick post ;)

Woke up early and was at the gym by 8. I decided not to do impact running because I have a long day of being on my feet so I did 45 minutes of intervals on the arc trainer and 10 minutes on the rowing machine. Very light rowing but I figured it would be different!

This is what I'm guaranteed to be eating today:


Post workout I had a Blueberry Banana smoothie. It's very similar to one of the recovery puddings in Thrive by Brendan Brazier so I figured it was a good choice.


For lunch I'm going to have a Mexican Quinoa Bowl. I figure the high protein and some added healthy fats will stay with me for a while and fuel me through the first part of this long day.


VaVaBar as a snack. Again the dates are a great way to re-energize and the nuts give it some staying power :)

Cocktail hour is around 7 I think so it will be perfect and hopefully I'll be able to feast on some raw treats there. I've worked at this hall before and know how the vendor meals work so I won't be eating dinner so I'll make sure to fuel up at the cocktail hour :)

As a side note, I saw on Twitter that "Team Vega," a bunch of hardcore employees at Vega are training for Tough Mudder and have been posting videos on Youtube! I'm definitely going to be following!

Sorry for the boring post but I guess that's what the day calls for. Tomorrow should hopefully be far more exciting! Less than a week left of this cleanse, I'm in the home stretch! Feeling great!

Have a great Saturday!

10 comments:

  1. gosh long day today! good for you for getting to the gym this morning! that's rockstar status right there! i love the rowing machine--i'm always so surprised at how sore i am the next day! you're over the 2 week mark on the cleanse -- also rockstar status:) woo! hope today goes by quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! My body is definitely feeling the effects of the long day so I made today a rest day :) I'm hoping the rowing machine will help me build up strength in my shoulders again!

      Thanks! less than a week left!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being over 2 weeks into the cleanse! Only 7 more days (6 after today!). That is just awesome! Hope your day doesn't feel to long and that you have a lovely day off tomorrow!

    Oh, I saw Vega was training for that too- made me sooo jealous there's not one for me to participate in there! Hopefully one day!

    Gabby @ the veggie nook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabby! I am already having a lovely day today and I'm planning on making it a restful one too :)

      Yes, hopefully you'll be able to try it one day! Do they have any sort of mud runs or warrior dashes by you? It's not as intense but it'll definitely be fun!

      Delete
  3. Mixing up cardio is great - I love it! Like you mentioned, it helps with joint impact, and for me - alleviates boredom! I wish we had an arc trainer at Bally's, I used one probably six years ago at a different gym, and it seems so much more fun than the elliptical!

    I'm going to add that Brendan Brazier book to my summer reading selections! Great looking meals, and I'm hoping that cocktail hour proved to be tasty and filling.

    One more week of cleansing to go! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so with you, I get so bored with cardio! I love the arc trainer. it is like if the elliptical and stair master had a love child. Love that it is no impact!

      I liked Brendan Brazier's book because it gives great tips on nutrition. I'm not following his plans strictly because it is incredibly expensive but I'm using the principles and making them work for me! definitely worth a look!

      Yay one week!

      Delete
  4. That's great that Team Vega is doing Tough Mudder, too. I'm sure it'll inspire & motivate you!

    I hope all goes well tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely enjoyed watching the videos! Haha it comforts me to know I'm not the only one that is totally freaked out by the event ;)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Dang! The VaVa Bar photo was just used on Wednesday. Same chipped nail polish and everything. For shame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I said straight up they were recycled ;) I need to do my nails really bad too, I have been meaning to for a week! New photos today, I promise!

      Delete