Friday, June 8, 2012

Fun Friday!!

Happy Friday everyone! Hope the week has treated you well! I hope you are all ready for my fun Friday post ;) Brace yourselves, there's a few self portraits that are about to happen. It kind of freaks me out but I'm trying to get over that haha. I have to share this with you though!!

I'm going to kick off Fun Friday by reviewing this:


The DIY Beachy Hair Spray!! I bought a spray bottle today and threw it together and decided to play after my post-workout shower. 




I hadn't let it dry completely when I took this photo but you can definitely see the waves starting to form. Basically I washed my hair and wrapped it in a towel until it was just damp. I sprayed all over with the spray and scrunched my hair with a cotton shirt. That supposedly helps make it less frizzy! Then I let it dry some more and repeated the spray and scrunch procedure one more time.


This was fully dry. I'm sorry the photos are hard to see but I took them with my phone. Since the roots dry last I blew dry the roots on top and underneath. Don't flip your hair though, just roll it around. This keeps the volume! Check out those waves!

PS, for the record, check out how clear my skin is from the cleanse! That makes me SOOOOO happy! No makeup as usual. One day I'll post a pic with makeup, you won't even recognize me! Anyway, give the sea salt spray a try if you want beachy waves! It's a bit time consuming but so worth it!

Also, I was going to skip the coconut oil but decided to add it at the last minute. Don't skip the coconut oil! I can't even describe how soft and light my hair feels and it smells so good! I'm so glad I put it in at the last minute! 


I love this more than anything right now :) This is my life haha! Repinned on Pinterest from Sage :)


I'm starting to embrace my Virgo-ness because I'm becoming a total list freak! I have lists on my phone, a small notebook in my bag and tons of lists of everything you can imagine. I just downloaded a "To Do List" app and here's what I added to it today. The only annoying thing is the ad on the bottom but it was a free app so I'll deal with it ;)


I found this on Pinterest too... it is a photo of someone's raw food fridge. I am so jealous, this is my dream fridge!!

I am so excited, I FINALLY scheduled a hair cut. It has literally been at least a year since I've had it cut. I talked about cutting it a few months ago but clearly (as you can see in the above photos) it never happened. I'm getting a cut and color at the end of the month because I decided that I'm working a lot more now and I'm training hard so I deserve a bit of pampering. I'm going to be debating how short to go for the next 3 weeks! I am ready for a change but I like it to be long enough to throw back into a ponytail or bun when I'm working out. I love how long it is but it's always in the way. Don't know what to do!


Another motivation photo. This is what my next 4.5 months will be like :) Still working on my vision board, I'll post it when I'm done!

I hope you all have a great Friday! Today is the last day of my cleanse! I can't believe it! I'll post a Cleanse Wrap Up tomorrow before I head out to the wedding. Cheers friends!

16 comments:

  1. cute hair! i saw that beach hair thing on pinterest but my hair's so fine, i'm not sure if it'll work. i like the idea of using coconut oil on my hair though -- it smells awesome!

    still laughing about fuck this shit o'clock :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always give it a try! You never know, the waves may make it look fuller! Try making half of it, that's what I did! The coconut oil smells sooooo good!

      I know, it's so funny! :) Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. oh my gosh those pics are so cute!! i love the beachy waves -- very fun and effortlessly beautiful! that fridge is outrageous...i'm like drooling over it...is that wierd?? haha....i mean, it's a fridge full of vegetables lol! oh well, such is life! As far as the hair cut, I have the same debate all the time -- short hair is nice in the summer, but i hate not being able to pull ALL of my hair back when I run! Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, you are so sweet! :) I love the waves too, they do look effortless but it actually took a long time ;) It is definitely not weird, it is my dream fridge! I'm so jealous! I'm sure I'll make the decision about my hair when I'm sitting in the chair!

      Thanks you too!

      Delete
  3. Yay wavy hair! I've been endowed (cursed?) with curly hair, and while I envy those with straight locks, curls tend to have lots of personality. :) Your new profile picture is super pretty! And I laughed at that comic thing, so awesome. And Virgos are the best, a couple of my close friends are Virgos, and they were the ones who always made me things (like bags!) and cooked me food in high school. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your hair! It always looks so pretty! I think everyone wants what they don't have also. I always want curly or wavy hair and everyone I know with curly hair wants it straight! The funny thing is that it takes forever to style it the other way, both curly and straight!

      Aww thank you so much! That's sweet of you to say :) The comic is hilarious and virgos are an interesting breed. I'm actually on the cusp of virgo and libra and I like to think I got the best of both signs haha!

      Delete
  4. I tried that hair stuff just now! Oh I love it! It smells so pretty with the coconut oil and my citrusy conditioner. And my hair is so soft! Thank you for the recommendation and review!

    Love that someecard picture. AMAZING.

    I'm a virgo too and a mad list freak. I have notebooks full of lists and just keep making them, I can't help it!

    Great list :) And congrats on reaching the end of your cleanse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that you tried it and liked it! I love the coconut oil in it :)

      I know it is so funny!!! It is my life perfectly summed up in 1 sentence!

      Haha yeah! the Virgos have to stick together! I am a total list freak and I have them all over the place! I have notebooks at work, in my purse, and lists on my phone. It's crazy!

      Thanks! Have a great trip!

      Delete
  5. It looks like your hair turned out great! I wonder how it would work on my super straight hair....

    I'm an Aries, but I'm also a big list maker. Organization is important!

    I saw the fuck this shit o'clock graphic the other day and laughed out loud. Love it!

    It's hard to decide about your hair, isn't it? I've been so tempted to cut mine short, but I'm going to grow it long again instead. Someday, maybe I'll cut it. I hope you post a picture when you get yours cut!

    Keep on being motivated and congrats on making it through the cleanse!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly! My hair is typically pretty straight but it does hold curl pretty well. Give it a try! Just make half of it in case it doesn't hold. It's fun to play!

      Haha yes! I'm the most disorganized organized person I know. I thrive in organized chaos :) I find that I have a harder time finding things when I clean!

      I'll definitely post a pic when I get my hair cut! I'll probably cut a few inches off but leave some length on it. I'm probably going to get lots of layers too.

      Thanks! definitely motivated! :)

      Delete
  6. Not to burst your bubble, but I'm guessing there might be some silicone implants involved in that inspirational poster pic. And, please, just a couple inches off the bottom. Don't get drastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha bubble not burst, I'm doing just fine in that area :) I'm more inspired by the words on the inspirational pic haha.

      I'm leaning more toward just trimming and shaping. I wouldn't chop it super short even if I did go shorter but I don't think I'm ready to do something that drastic!

      Delete
  7. So many wonderful things about this post! I love your new profile picture - so cute!! The spray works so well, and I bet it does smell really good! I think you achieved great results. :)

    Someecards.com is so funny! I saw the one you posted on Pinterest the other day about training for life, and laughed out loud. Hopefully I will have time this weekend to get on Pinterest. To-do lists are so helpful, I use them, too!

    The produce in that fridge is GORGEOUS! Reminds me to go shopping (or to the Farmer's Market, more likely). Woo hoo for haircuts! You're right - length is important to be able to pull it all back, that's my main motivator in hot months and workouts.

    So true what is written on the poster - you are definitely an athlete and your eats are full of nutrition!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid! I am really happy with how the spray works! :) It's definitely different from how I normally do my hair and is a great summer look!

      Lol I know the cards are so funny! Definitely let me know when you get on Pinterest so I can follow you :) You'll see how much fun it is!

      I'm so jealous of that fridge. I have to go shopping tomorrow too :) I'm so undecided about the cut! It's just so long now, it gets in the way!

      Aww thanks :) It's great motivation!

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, I want that fridge! It makes me want to dive in and start cooking.

    Your beach hair is super cute. :) I agree that you should keep your hair long enough for a ponytail. I had a very short bob for about 3 years. I liked it because it was easy to style but my hair got in my face when I worked out. I'm happy to have long-ish hair now.

    I pinned that comic because I'm going through a lot of stuff right now (as you can probably tell because I've been MIA on my blog). Anyhoo, long story short, I quit my job last week! I'll be mentioning it on my blog soon, but I'm sure you can relate to the feeling of needing a change for your own sanity. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the fridge is so beautiful!

      Thank you!! I'm definitely going to keep most of the length, at least until after Tough Mudder! maybe a makeover will be part of my reward for doing it :)

      I definitely can relate to you. You know I'm here for you and I know you will do amazing with your future endeavors!

      Delete