Saturday, July 7, 2012

Catching Up

Hello friends! I'm back! This past week has been pretty tough for me and I hit a bit of a wall on Thursday. I was just really exhausted during that wedding and it took me all day yesterday to recover. I worked in the studio in the morning and then came home and could barely get out of bed. The combination of long hours, not eating enough good food (fuel) and the horrible heat really took it's toll. I went to bed early last night and woke up feeling pretty refreshed so I started off my day with some no impact cardio. I hadn't worked out all week because of my horrible schedule and it felt good to finally get back to it. Bikram yoga on Monday :)

I have a few random photos I've taken of meals to catch up on so I figured I'd just spend this post catching up. Not reinventing the wheel here but it'll give you an idea of what I've been eating.


Banana with some Raw Buckwheat Cereal and almond milk.


Snacking on some refreshing watermelon.


My post workout breakfast today. Rice cakes with peanut butter. One with banana and cinnamon, one plain. The rest of the banana and some strawberries. So delicious and filling!

Today is going to be brutally hot here. My brother is having a BBQ later and then ordering the fights on PPV so it'll be a fun day and I'll finally be able to relax. Planning on getting a pedicure tomorrow morning because I deserve to pamper myself a bit :) I will definitely have some more food to show you tomorrow as I continue to get back to my normal meals and routine!

I hope you all have a great Saturday!

16 comments:

  1. yay! i'm glad you'll get to chill tonight, and enjoy a pedi tomorrow! that watermelon looks absolutely delicious! it's making my mouth water! so pink! have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caralyn, me too! I can't seem to kick this fatigue but hopefully this weekend I'll be able to get past it. The watermelon was so yummy! Thanks, you too!

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for the fights! We're ordering them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It is going to be epic! Who are you guys rooting for? I can't stand Chael Sonnen so clearly I'm all for Anderson Silva ;)

      Delete
  3. That cereal is exactly what I was craving this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious! I highly recommend trying it!

      Delete
  4. I hope you're day is going as fun as you deserve. Catching up on your posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks jenny! Hope you and your crew are well!

      Delete
  5. Yea, you're back! This heat has been brutal, hasn't it? Oy! I'm glad you're getting some well-deserved R&R, and you know I'm going to want to see your pedicure! Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yup I'm here! Ugh it has been really horrible I'm so glad I didn't have to be outside today. Haha I have ugly feet so we'll see about the pedicure pic ;)

      Thank you, I hope you have a great one too!

      Delete
  6. That's great that you and your brother have a common interest.

    I haven't gotten a pedicure once in 2012. Just haven't had the time and I figure I'm saving tons of $$.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it was nice to go watch the fights over there! This is my first pedicure of the year. I don't get them often but I figured I deserved a little pampering and I want my toes to look nice for yoga ;)

      Delete
  7. It finally cooled off here today, so hopefully you'll get relief in another day or two. The heat took its toll on us, too, as well as Mike's long hours.

    Great hot weather food, though, which certainly makes a difference!

    Enjoy your pedicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, it has been brutal here! I'm totally drained and I think that the schedule, the heat and probable dehydration all have something to do with it.

      Thanks! I agree!

      Thanks, I will for sure! :)

      Delete
  8. So glad you're on the other side of that super busy week! I bet you are so relieved. Sorry about the heat - yuck! Combined with the humidity, I can only imagine how ready for a cool down you must be. Sounds like a wonderful evening lined up for tonight - I hope the fights went the way you wanted! :)

    I am looking forward to hearing about your return to Bikram Yoga!

    I've been really enjoying watermelon right now - it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid! I'm very relieved to have some time to myself, especially because I think I'm working all next weekend too. I'm definitely ready for a cool down, it's tough trying to maintain your energy in the brutal heat and to stay hydrated as well. I had a great time watching the fights tonight and they pretty much did go how I wanted them to :)

      Thanks, I'm hoping that my first class won't be too terrible. Bikram yoga is notorious for being brutal that first class after a long break. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

      Watermelon is so good! Totally the perfect summer snack!

      Delete