Saturday, May 28, 2011

Chia Experiment #1: Overnight Oats

I wanted to experiment with my chia seeds right away so I set up a container of overnight oats last night.  I went simple with a bowl of recovery oats for after my workout which was a mile warm up run and an hour of intense vinyasa yoga.  It was an amazing workout and these overnight oats were SO REFRESHING!!!


Before: Last night at about 8:30 pm


After: This morning at about 10:30 am.  The oats and seeds absorbed the liquid.  It was really delicious and super filling.  It had a jelly like consistency which was fun!

Sarah's Overnight Chia Oats

1/2 cup oats (I use gluten free)
1 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 packet stevia
cinnamon to taste
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze

Mix all dry ingredients together and add Almond Breeze in a container with a lid.  Stir all ingredients together, cover and refrigerate overnight.  Enjoy!

*Note: Make sure your oats have room to expand in the container!

No comments:

Post a Comment