Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm Back!

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was enjoying the day with my family and decided to take a day off from blogging and just focus on being in the moment.  On that note I ate some pretty good food.  I started my day with a 2 mile run then had some oatmeal after.  I snacked on an apple after and for dinner had a huge salad of mesclun greens, cucumber, grilled portabello mushroom and onions and some guacamole.  It was AMAZING.  For dessert I had a huge bowl of sweet watermelon.
Today was weird for me because I've been hungry ALL DAY.  I don't really mind it because I know I didn't eat a lot yesterday so you tend to balance yourself out.

On to today's meals:


Breakfast: Big bowl of watermelon and cherries. So refreshing and delicious!!

Midmorning snack (unpictured): a GIANT iced coffee...like jug sized and it was amazing. I also had a handful of raw cashews.


Lunch: brown rice, kidney beans and avocado bowl.  Delicious as always.

Unpictured snack: Another handful of cherries.  I'm addicted to these things!!


Dinner: Tofu and veggie stir-fry.  I seasoned it with the usual tamari but added pepper, garlic and nutritional yeast and it was even better.  Such a delicious meal and I was seriously craving veggies so it hit the spot!

My belly is FINALLY full so I'm a happy camper and I'm just gonna relax until tomorrow's run.  I'm adding another 1/2 mile so I'm up to 2.5 miles for the next two weeks.  Then it is up to 3 :)


4 comments:

  1. The stir fry sounds great. The avocado looks awesome as well...I am making guac tonight and have to wait impatiently until my boyfriend gets home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stir fry was super simple and really good. It is amazing how much more flavor the 3 extra seasonings added. That avocado was really good and yay for guac! I've been on a total avocado kick lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this post? I'm getting old. Anyways, the lunch bowl is just like Chipotle's Burrito Bowl, just add a little shredded lettuce & salsa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol I just snuck this post on :) I will definitely try the burrito bowl, it always looked yummy I think it was the cilantro in the rice that kept me from ordering it but I'll definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete