Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Another Super Yummy Day!

Today was my long day at work so I had to bring my lunch and dinner with me.  I definitely need prettier to go containers because these tupperware dealies totally kill the pics.  In any case, I made some pretty yummy meals today :)  Nothing too far from what I normally eat but everything totally hit the spot today.


Breakfast: I know it is a shock but I had oatmeal for breakfast.  Todays oats had ground flax, cinnamon, banana, drizzle of peanut butter and a sprinkling of coconut.  So delicious.

Midmorning snack: Coffee and an apple


Lunch: Brown rice with roasted chickpeas, roast cauliflower and sun-dried tomatoes.  Seasoned with garlic, pepper and some nooch.  It was damn good!

Afternoon Snack: Iced soy latte


Dinner: Chopped salad.  I really love chopped salads and they are so good and light in the summer.  In fact...it may make another appearance tomorrow ;)

OK so does anyone have a good granola recipe?  I'm looking for something as clean as possible, cinnamon is a bonus, and low yield is preferable (although I could always halve the recipe).  I've been craving a nice refreshing breakfast of fruit topped with a little granola and almond milk but I don't want to buy granola.  Any favorite recipes are definitely appreciated! Thanks!


5 comments:

  1. This is a great granola recipe that i found and love: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/04/my-favourite-homemade-granola-to-date/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you could get a Tiffin or else do the 'Vegan Lunch Box' thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dena - thanks! It looks yummy I'll def try it!!

    SV- I totally ordered one of those awesome bento boxes from laptop lunches. Can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late to the game! I totally almost just reposted Deva's OSG granola but this is another good one: http://cookbakenibble.com/2011/02/21/super-green-granola/. I've also made my own with pistachio nuts, goji berries, pumpkin seeds, apple sauce and honey (I don't know if you eat honey though - but I'm sure agave would work just as well)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh that looks like an interesting one too! I'll have to experiment in the future :) I'm late to the game too, been so busy with work! I'll have to post something tonight for sure!

    ReplyDelete