Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nommy Day

Today started off really well :) I decided to take the day off from running because my body is really shot from all of the working out and my crazy work schedule and I needed a little break.  I started my day with a trip to the "good" Whole Foods which is a little further than another location and it was so worth it.  I went early so it wasn't crowded at all and I had time to peruse at my leisure.  After that I went to the book store and picked up a few magazines as well as Ani Phyo's Ani's Raw Food Kitchen.  I've been interested in making more raw meals because I prefer to eat lighter meals in the summer because heat makes me feel super yucky.  I only had a chance to skim the book but the recipes look AMAZING so I can't wait to take time to actually read it through :)

On to the grub (mostly courtesy of the Whole Foods salad bar)!


Breakfast: Strawberry Banana Smoothie with flax and chia seeds.  I've found that this angle works best for drinks!

Midmorning Snack: Nectarine and almonds.


Lunch: Golden sesame tofu from the WF salad bar with roasted sweet potato and some watermelon (waaaaaaay in the back).

Afternoon snack: Iced coffee followed by baby carrots and hummus.


Dinner: Chopped salad with goodies from the WF salad bar.  I made a mix of mesclun greens, carrots, cucumbers, broccoli, a few artichoke hearts, double dose of protein (chickpeas and tofu) and later added sun-dried tomatoes.  I wish I took a pic pre-chopped because it was a beautiful salad but I obliterated it before I thought of it. Oh well!

Hope you all had a lovely day!


2 comments:

  1. The Smoothie looks super creamy. Glad you're taking a break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it was really good! I'm starting to get into the breakfast smoothie. I typically like to eat my meals but on a hot morning the smoothie is great! I'm glad I took a break from running too. My body was just totally shot so the few days off from that really helped me bounce back :)

    ReplyDelete