Thursday, August 4, 2011

Back to the grind!

I finally feel like I'm back in my routine.  My workouts are more regular, I'm eating cleaner again and I'm feeling a bit better...more sorted out I guess.

I had a training session today and it was a little rough.  I can't imagine that I've lost every ounce of athletic ability in the two weeks I was off so I'm gonna say it is a combination of detoxing my yucky processed crap that I've eaten and the fact that it was about 509345039503 degrees in the gym.  The AC was only turned on a little bit before I got there and clearly it wasn't cooling all that quickly. My face was beet red after and I was gasping for breath.  I HATE working out in HOT and HUMID conditions, it makes life so much worse...but I got through it :)

Here are today's nommy eats...


Breakfast: A pile of watermelon and a pile of HUGE ass cherries.  So refreshing and delicious.


Midmorning: Venti iced soy latte. NOMS. It made up for what I knew was going to be a disappointing lunch.


Lunch: Pretty much a pile of lettuce with a sprinkling of carrot, cucumber, sun-dried tomatoes & portabello mushrooms...there was literally like 4 pieces of each. Sad excuse for a salad and I've gotten salads from there a million times and this is the first time I was disappointed.

Post Workout: Protein shake.


Dinner: A mediterranean feast! I love that this is one of the healthiest cuisines on earth because it is so delicious, my belly is full and I have no guilt.  I had a falafel ball, some sauteed zucchini, yellow squash & onion, spicy eggplant salad, dolma, hummus and a carrot.  Such a satisfying dinner.

There is probably some more watermelon in my future :)  I did a quick Whole Foods run to buy some nutritious, portable snacks to get me through the weekend as I'm working weddings Saturday and Sunday. I'll show you some of the yummy treats I found!!

Have a great night!



4 comments:

  1. I hear ya on all that heat. I probably would have passed out if I would've had to work out like that. :o)
    That is one delicious looking/sounding dinner!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a heat rash on my face after! It was crazy! today was much better though :) The dinner was really good and I was so stuffed after. Lunch was an abbreviated repeat of it which i'll post much later tonight. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed this post! Your Hummus is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete