Sunday, September 18, 2011

Baked Apple Oatmeal!

I woke up this morning and was greeted by the most perfect fall weather I could possibly think of! Bright blue skies with nice cool air, I figured it was the perfect Sunday to try out a new fall breakfast recipe, Baked Apple Oatmeal.


Check out this gorgeous bowl!

It was really easy to make. I chopped up a gala apple (I left the peel on but you can peel yours if you prefer), tossed it in a little cinnamon and popped it into the toasted oven to bake at 350 for about 12-15 minutes.  There was a little bit of bite left but it had mostly softened up and the whole house smelled like cinnamon.  I cooked my oats to my liking (I used 1/3 cup oats in 1 cup water with some cinnamon added at the end) then I added my baked apple on top.  My mom always put raisins and walnuts in our baked apples so I sprinkled some of each on top.  THIS. WAS. AMAZING. Fall in a bowl and so comforting. I enjoyed it with a mug of hot coffee.  Perfect lazy Sunday morning!

Hope you all had a wonderful Sunday! Stay tuned for more yummy eats and this week I'll post some home workouts I'm planning to start up soon!

8 comments:

  1. Yum! This is one of my favourite kinds of oatmeals :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love apple cinnamon oatmeal and this looks AMAZING. I also love your Vegan bowl. So cute! You've inspired me to soak some overnight oats tonight with apple chunks. So happy it's Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really is perfect for fall! I was in the mountains over the weekend, and it would've been perfect there. It's back to the 80s down here, so I might have to bookmark the recipe! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies, this is definitely a perfect fall dish! Nikki - I found the vegan bowl (technically mug) on Etsy at the Vegan Dish store. She has AMAZING products and I want to get a bunch more but they are a bit pricey. Eventually I'll build my collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Too funny that you blogged about this, because I've been thinking about making a version of this myself...great minds think alike! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes great minds definitely think alike! You should totally make it, I think it is a vegan meal Tony could get behind too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love brown sugar on my hot cereal, but raisins work too. Beautiful breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks! It is a really yummy combination, I really enjoyed this one!

    ReplyDelete