Monday, December 12, 2011

A Meal, A Workout, And A Baby :)

Hey everyone! Sorry for the brief hiatus. It was kind of unintended but once in a while I just kind of feel like I need a break from the computer. I didn't even turn it on yesterday. So as an apology I'm bringing you a yummy meal, a great workout and some cute pictures of Delilah.

First, the workout. On Saturday I went to the gym before work and had a pretty good workout that I came up with myself using exercises I typically do with my trainer. Here's what I did:

20 minute warm-up on Arc Trainer
5-1 minute rounds of jump rope
5x up and down stairs with ankle weights on (3 sets - so 15x up and down stairs altogether)
walking lunges across gym with curls into an overheard press (3x across gym)
2 sets 12 weighted squats (60 lbs - on machine)
10 minutes on elliptical

My calves are still on fire for tonight's training session. Oops!

I ate pretty standard fare this weekend. Yesterday I knew I was going to be at my brother's house all day helping everyone wrap holiday gifts so I had a delicious brunch to hold me until dinner.


This was intended to be a breakfast burrito but it turned into a quesadilla. The tortilla was a but delicate and I knew it would never wrap so I just layered a think layer of spicy refried beans, some browned tofu with nooch (which turned out to be more than I thought it would) and a half of an avocado. It was SO delicious and super duper filling. Some of the tofu escaped from the tortilla and ended up on the plate...where it stayed. Definitely going to use much less next time.


As promised, some of the holiday portraits I took of Delilah!


I am the only one that feels this way but this is my favorite shot. She isn't looking but she looks so sweet and innocent. Love it.


I love that she decided to cross her feet in this one. So funny and so cute.

On another note, I missed like a day and a half of comments and I felt so far behind! Yikes, I'll have to make sure I stay on top of that!

Hope you are all having a great Monday. Training session tonight which I'm looking forward to :)

13 comments:

  1. great pics of delilah, what a cutie. i love how babies cross their little legs like that, my daughter does the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone needs a bit of a technology breather every once in a while and especially in this super busy time.
    The breakfast quesadilla looks amazing, if difficult to eat. You totally packed in some awesome stuff. And, as always, Delilah is too cute. I love that last photo. Where was it staged?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No apologies necessary! I've been thinking about taking a break from the computer lately, which I just might do soon. It's nice to have that kind of "fast" sometimes. :)

    Burrito or quesadilla, it looks great to me!

    Funny your favorite picture of Delilah is the second one because that's the one that immediately got my attention. It seems to show more personality to me and like you said, so sweet & innocent. They're all great captures, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara - Thanks! I love having a niece to take tons of pics of. I think she'll appreciate them when she's older :) It was so cute when she got all proper on her own :) Your kids are so cute, I love all the pics you post of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops Published too soon LOL

    Maud - Yeah, I am on the computer at work for 5-10 hours a day 6 days a week so once in a while it is nice to leave everything off and spend time with the family :) Thanks, it actually wasn't that difficult to eat. If tofu fell out I took it as a sign that it was overstuffed and should stay on the plate. I took the photos in the studio I work for when it was closed. We have a holiday set every year. It looks so great, very wintery and classic.

    Molly - The break was nice but I felt so far behind after only missing a day! I am a huge fan of expressions, I always tend to favor emotional shots over scenic shots. I just love her expression in that one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your workout! I will have to try something just like it next week, when I'm off of work(I only plan to run this week).

    Big as it may be - the quesa-rrito looks delicious! I find that the brown rice tortillas I like don't like to bend too much.

    Awe, Delilah!! Cute poses and cute dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your breakfast looks so very good. And I can't get enough of her arm rolls. You did a great job with the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I totally understand the need to unplug. The brunch tortilla looks super tasty! And, I like the middle shot of Delilah too; it's natural and charming, doesn't look like she's posing for a pic. But all the pics are adorable of course! I miss having my nieces and nephews as kids...mine are all grown up now. Enjoy it while it lasts...looks like you have a good 18 years before she's all grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally get the technology detox, it does us all good! & I love that shot of her too. It shows 'her' more as opposed to a portrait/image of her if you know what I mean.
    Your food looks amazing too, I'm going to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ingrid - Thanks, let me know if you try it! My calves were on fire from it, but in a very good way :) The brown rice tortillas are definitely not super bendy but the quesadilla worked out fine :)

    Jenny - I know her arms are the best! She's got the same legs lol I love it!

    Rose - Thanks! I know, I'm enjoying her baby days while I can :) She already has so much personality so it'll be fun to see her evolve as she grows up!

    Claire - Thanks, let me know if you give the breakfast a try and how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't say enough good things about how well groomed and dressed Delilah is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) She has style Shen! You should see her jeggings lol TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That will get your heart racing, give a good metabolic core workout, and hammer your arms and legs. You get to set the pace and the amount of work and as you improve, so will the number of rounds you can complete.

    ReplyDelete