Monday, February 20, 2012

Case of the Mondays and Back to Training

Hey everyone. Woke up very tired today and it was probably one of the first times since I started eating a high raw diet that I woke up still exhausted. My eating was a little off yesterday and it is crazy how much of a difference I can see when I fall of track a bit. I tried to fix that today.

Had my first training session in two week tonight and we made it a double. It felt good to be back, I just wish I had a little more energy. I really need to start running again. I say it almost every day.  I think I need to start tomorrow.

Still feeling pretty blah. Work was quiet today and I got a lot done. I love that I have my iPhone doubles as an iPod because I was able to work to the soothing sounds of the Deftones. Which will be funny to you if you have ever heard the Deftones.

So here is what I've eaten so far...


A darky, sludgy green smoothie. Not pretty but very tasty.


An orange for late morning snack.


Had to take a phone pic of lunch but it was more rice and beans with zucchini.


Protein shake after my workout.

I have no appetite after the protein shake so I'm relaxing and trying to digest and get the energy/desire to make a salad. If this in unsuccessful I'll have some stuffed grape leaves with raw veggies. Either way, dinner will have lots of raw veggies.

Other than dinner, I don't plan on getting out of bed tonight. Hope you all have a great evening!

14 comments:

  1. Wow what an awesome looking green smoothie. Super thick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like that it was sludgy looking, it totally matched my mood. It tasted amazing though!

      Delete
  2. Not getting out of bed other than to have dinner sounds good to me!

    We like the Deftones. :) Less than three weeks to iPhones for us, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I've made good on my word. Still in bed. Feels good. I'm already sore from the workout and just exhausted from the craziness of the past week!

      The Deftones are pretty amazing. I've been really digging the song "Passengers" on White Pony featuring Maynard from Tool. His voice is ridiculous.

      Yay for iPhones! 3 weeks until your life changes, it really is that good!

      Delete
  3. I totally thought, "she doesn't mean soothing" when you mentioned the Deftones! Ha ha! Glad you had a productive day, those always feel good.

    Sounds like a great workout! Staying in bed after a double session is absolutely allowed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I figured some of you would have to catch that! :) Yeah productive days are definitely good because then it means I can cut my hours back down. In all fairness, it is self imposed overtime but I just would rather buckle down for a few weeks and get it done than feel anxiety about it not getting done.

      It was a great workout, and that is definitely the plan! I'll see how I feel when i wake up. Planning on my first run but my shoulder is feeling a bit jacked so I may end up doing yoga instead.

      Delete
  4. Haha, Deftones. Soothing. Hah!

    Sometimes I really wish I had an iPhone instead of my brick/flip phone.

    Love the lunch! Looks awesome. And hopefully you'll wake up in a better situation, tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ;) You never know, it could be soothing to some? Haha probably not!

      I waited a LONG time to get my iPhone and I think that made me appreciate it even more. I had some crappy phones along the way so I definitely take advantage of all of its awesomeness.

      The lunch was definitely the best meal of the day, loving rice and beans lately. I hope so too! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I'm in love with my iPhone. I don't know how I functioned as a human being without it. Is that bad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is bad then I'm guilty too! It really makes life SO MUCH easier. :) I mean it helps that it doesn't randomly crash on my like my last craptacular phone!

      Delete
  6. YES! Wait til you see the one I made for breakfast this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the smoothie is beautiful. I wish I could make one like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It tasted great. I 100% think you can because I used to think I couldn't make one either. And now I make them almost every day. Go figure!

      Delete