Friday, February 17, 2012

Good Meals and More Weirdness

Hey everyone. Hope that you all had a good week. For those of you starting the weekend, lucky you! ;) I have to work tomorrow but after that I have Sunday off which I'm looking forward to. I'm more looking forward for this week to be over. It has been really strange, something new every day. Today was no exception.

When I work alone on a Monday or Friday I keep the door to the studio locked just for a little extra safety. I let someone in and when they left they turned the lock on the door, which I didn't see. Normally when we lock it we just push it so it unlocks when we open...when you turn the little button it stays locked...you see where I'm going with this. I went to the deli to return some papers that I had faxed for them and when I tried to open the door to the studio it was locked. I got locked out. For 45 minutes. So I had to stay 45 minutes later to make up some time. Well I didn't have to but the whole point of adding hours was to get work done. Go figure.

I waited in the deli for my boss to let me in. I was sitting on a stool by the counter in the window when an older Italian man sat next to me and started chatting. He was very nice and owns the restaurant on the other side of the studio. We actually talked about my being vegan and he was really cool about it. So a few minutes in he started asking me about my relationship status and figured out I was single and immediately started trying to get me to go out with one of his chefs...who naturally was sitting next to him on the other side. It was very sweet but the whole set up thing makes me very uncomfortable. I'm very shy and guarded because of past experiences so being set up (especially by a stranger) is difficult for me. So the chef guy told me he'd bring me lunch and asked what time I eat lunch. So I told him I don't do a lunch break but I leave at 3:30. Wouldn't you know he turned up at 3:20 with lunch for me. It was incredibly sweet of him but it makes me feel even more uncomfortable. I can't explain why because it was so nice of him, and I am appreciative of the gesture. I don't know, maybe I feel some pressure from it now, and I don't want any extra pressure right now?

Such a strange week! I ended off with some great meals today though.


Breakfast was my last slice of Rice Almond bread toasted with almond butter and cinnamon and some fresh strawberries.


Late morning snack was an apple and some green tea.


This is the salad that was brought to me. I actually hadn't eaten lunch yet because I was trying really hard to finish editing the job I was working on. It was really good...some grilled veggies on a bed of fresh mixed greens and a vinaigrette. Perfect for eating a late lunch because I didn't want to eat something heavy before the gym. It was really nice of him to make it for me. 


For dinner I wanted some comfort food so I got this small container of rice and beans with stewed zucchini and tomato for $2 at the deli. The pricing changes every time but it is never more than $3. I'll eat this in a little bit.

Did 45 minutes of cardio after work to blow off some steam. I'll go in tomorrow morning too before work. Hopefully the weirdness ends today because I just want things to be normal again.

This turned into a long post, sorry about that! Hope you all enjoy your Friday evening. I'm looking forward to just relaxing, maybe I'll make some herbal tea later.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my! What stress the week has wrought! I completely understand how awkward it might be, and it sounds like you know yourself well - not the best time, especially with all the added workload. Unless of course, the mystery man is super cute. Then there's always time! Just kidding! ;)

    I have seen strawberries on sale recently, I've just been hesitant to buy - as there is little worse than a bitter berry! How were yours? Love the deli purchases (and delivery), looks really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Mystery man wasn't unattractive, but I just wasn't feeling it. There is also a bit of a language barrier which makes things more difficult and adds more stress.

      I usually get my strawberries at Whole Foods (the previous two batches to these were from there) and they were amazing, even mid winter. This batch came from a different store and aren't nearly as good. Not inedible but not great.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I would have felt very uncomfortable too. While that was sweet of him, I tend to be very guarded around people I don't know and like you said, it would feel like pressure to me.

    I've also had a pretty strange week, which ended up with today being the strangest (as well as the most stressful). Glad it's over and I hope that tomorrow's work day goes by quickly for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fact that he works next door and now knows where I work also stressed me out. Like everyone I have a fear of rejection, but I also don't like to be the rejector. It makes me feel terrible and the proximity makes it worse.

      I'm sorry that your week has been stressful too and I hope that you can find some relief this weekend!

      Delete
  3. I think you're gonna have to 'put out' a little bit, if you know what I mean just cuz it's a really nice looking salad the guy brought. Either that or quit your job to avoid ever seeing him again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg you just made me laugh so hard! I needed that! It was indeed a nice salad that he brought. Someone must have told him that the fastest way to a vegan's heart is through a nice salad.

      Delete
  4. well you already know he can cook, so i guess the question is, is he hot? :) just kidding -- that does sound like an awkward setup situation. but the salad looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) It was hard for me to see past the situation! I also tend to have a pattern of not thinking someone is attractive and then when I get to know them they become the hottest person in the world. That is how most of my relationships and crushes seem to work! The salad was indeed delicious.

      Delete
  5. I can get kind of claustrophobic so I was afraid you were going to say you got locked IN to a little room in the studio or something. Still getting locked out is no good.

    That is kind of an awkward situation with Italian guy, but not too creepy, as long as he backs off now. And it does look like a very nice salad.

    This just seemed to be kind of a crappy-ass week, but it's almost over - Sunday will be here soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh getting locked in would freak me out too! I just had anxiety about wasting time and then got annoyed that I'd have to stay even later.

      Ah the owner of the restaurant was Italian, not the chef. They were both very nice and I don't think they will be pushy, but I'm hoping to keep a little distance.

      Thanks , I hope your week turns around too!

      Delete
  6. Lol, that is such a strange and random story! At least you got a nice salad out of the deal. :) I've been set up by people I barely know before, it's definitely different but sometimes amusing. And you never know when fate's playing a card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been set up by random people before and it has never worked out. It makes me very uncomfortable. I'd definitely rather just let things happen but unfortunately, other people have other plans :) I agree, very strange and random!

      Delete