Thursday, February 16, 2012

Really?

Hey everyone. Today was one of those days that just made me step back and ask the universe "really?" I'm going to be adding some hours on to my shorter work days because we are so far behind that it is really just necessary to spend more time there. I'll be working longer hours on Monday and Friday than usual and I'll work on Saturdays more consistently over the next few weeks while we catch up.

I was supposed to have my first training session in a week and a half today and I was really looking forward to it. Unfortunately it was canceled due to some car trouble my trainer experienced. Wouldn't you know it, I walk out to my car after work and it is dead. Thankfully it worked after hooked up to jumper cables for a few minutes. This is the second time my car died the same day he was having car trouble! I think mine was having sympathy pains for his or something. So weird. I still dragged my butt to the gym to do cardio even though I wasn't even close to being in the mood.

At least I had good meals. And there is some crappy tv for me to get lost in tonight. Is it almost Sunday?


Cherry Chocolate Smoothie. It actually looked green today. So weird how it is a different color every day. It looks pretty with the specks of cherry in it though.


Late morning snack was a honeycrisp apple.


Lunch was stuffed grape leaves, a carrot, hummus and some Mary's Gone Crackers in the onion flavor.  The onion flavor is so delicious!

After the gym I had a banana to hold me until I was ready for dinner.


Chopped salad and my last two raw crackers from the farmer's market with avocado. Really delicious dinner.

I still am way under calories for the day so I'll snack on something later. It'll either be some air popped popcorn, a larabar or fruit. Depends on how I feel.

Hope you are all doing well!

11 comments:

  1. Ugh, more car troubles? :( That's really strange how it's happened twice now on the same day to your trainer and you. I hope this is the end of your car woes. You've had more than your share!

    I'm very impressed that you've been eating so healthy despite feeling blah. I tend to stray to not as healthy food when I get in a mood, but I'm getting better about that.

    I can't find honeycrisp here anymore. :( I'm jealous of yours! They're my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it is so weird! Our cars must know each other from a past life ;) I hope so too, it is getting really annoying!

      Thanks. I try to eat healthy because I know if I eat like crap I'll feel worse. In my head at least I can't feel like crap about eating poorly. The honeycrisps are still delicious!

      Delete
  2. How old is your car? I am really happy not to have one (most of the time) because it just sounds like a lot of stress and an extra thing to worry about.
    Wonderful looking food, though, as usual. It is funny about smoothie colors.
    Hang in there; the weekend is coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My car is a 1998. She's an old gal. I wish I didn't have to worry about a car. I really want to get a bike and just ride that all over.

      Thanks! The smoothie color is very strange but pretty funny. Trying to hang in there!

      Delete
  3. Geeze, busy lady! Good thing you keep eating clean to keep yourself well and sane!

    Sorry about the car - that sucks, and I know the feeling.

    Don't work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Busy indeed! Just one more day! Trying to stay sane, it gets difficult though!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Noooo! My comment disappeared. :( Did it arrive in your email mailbox?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I'm not crazy with the disappearing comments! I found your comment!

      Ingrid Wrote:
      "I hear you! Work has me stressed out, and feeling helpless (I know I have the new position in the fall, but I still have 3 1/2 months more to go where I am). I wish we could all work part-time, get paid like full-time, and have the flexibility to work from home all of the time. *Sigh*

      The Chocolate Cherry smoothies I've made usually come out pretty dark! Love the salad and veggies!"

      Work is crazy I totally agree, I wish we could work part time, get paid full time and work from home. That would be heaven!

      The salad was SOOOO good as were the raw crackers. I really want a dehydrator.

      Delete
    2. Yay! Glad the comment made it to your inbox! A dehydrator is totally on my list too! :)

      Delete
  5. every time i visit your blog, i get a craving for stuffed grape leaves :) sorry about your car, that's annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I eat them almost every day. I really really want to try making them myself!

      Delete