Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Just Another Day

Hey everyone. Woke up feeling pretty down today. Believe it or not, it has nothing to do with Valentine's Day. I'm not really the kind of girl to get down on myself because I don't have a date today, so I was actually completely unaffected by the fact that it is Valentine's Day. I'd been feeling a bit depressed lately anyway and I guess the fact that I am back to reality (along with a few things I won't mention here) has just brought me back down. I woke up and showered and went to Whole Foods to re-stock my produce. I then came home and stayed in bed until about 15 minutes before I left for work. I'm sure I don't have to say that my meals were totally uninspired today.

I know it'll pass. It is just annoying. Then add on top that I didn't get out of work until 10pm today. You see where I'm going with this.

Anyway, enough of the woe is me. I'm fine, nothing bad happened to me, I'm just feeling a little emotionally yucky.

Let's check out what I ate.


Cherry Chocolate green protein smoothie for breakfast.


Snack plate of stuffed grape leaves, hummus, a honeycrisp apple and a big carrot. I made sure to be very careful not to let the hummus touch the apple. Trust me on that.


Chopped salad for dinner.


I found these pizza flax snax at the Whole Foods in Orlando when I was shopping for ingredients for the dinner and dessert I made. I had never seen them here and they were on sale so I picked them up and packed them to bring home. I ate a serving with my salad for dinner. They are really good, super savory!

That's all for today. Hope all of you that celebrate had a nice Valentine's Day. Hopefully I'll snap out of this little funk soon. My training session on Thursday will probably help. I'm getting antsy, haven't had a session in a week and a half. I was going to get some shadow boxing in tonight but I got home so late and I'm too tired. There's always tomorrow though.

Have a great night!

14 comments:

  1. Feel better, Sarah. Days suck sometimes.
    Food looks great tho, especially those crackers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maud. Days do suck sometimes! I think I just need to get through the rest of the week and I'll be ok. The crackers were really savory and yummy.

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry you've been feeling down. I really do think it's the time of year. I've been having those days, too. You really ate well, though, which is terrific!

    Keep your head up and I hope it passes soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly. It probably has a little to do with the time of year...mostly to do with being overwhelmed by a lot of things going on and some emotions I've been feeling. I've been trying to eat well through it to make sure my body is healthy and hopefully my emotional health with follow.

      Delete
  3. sorry you're having a hard time. i hope you feel better very soon. your lunch looks good -- i'm feeling totally chocolate-d and candied out from yesterday (2 valentines parties w/the kids), so hummus and apples (not touching of course!) sounds perfect today. the pizza snacks look awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara. I'm totally jealous, I definitely could have used some chocolate yesterday! The apple was sweet like candy though.

      Delete
  4. I haven't been in the greatest place either lately - as the singer/lyricist of a band, recording is very emotionally tumultuous to say the least. At least you're eating delicious food. :) That's what I try to remind myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allysia. I'm sorry that things have been tough for you too, but I know that things will look up eventually. Just have to power through!

      Delete
  5. Allow me to remind you how effing fabulous you are! I know that might not help, but it's true! I also give you full permission to lavish yourself with a treat: a massage, aromatherapy, whatever floats your boat. *Hug*

    You have the best mindset: treat the body well, the soul will follow!

    I saw stuffed grape leaves the other day, and I immediately thought of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ingrid, you are really sweet. I definitely could go for some pampering but it looks like I'll be spending more time at work so I don't even know when that can happen.

      Definitely looking to keep my physical health in check, and my training session tomorrow couldn't come sooner! It will definitely be welcomed. I know I'll be ok, I've been through this plenty of times, it is just a matter of digging through.

      Thank you again for your kind words :)

      Delete
  6. Ditto what Ingrid said. Find the happy girl in the Orlando pic? Maybe you should move to Orlando?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Triple what they said. You are fabulous. And it seems like the blues are going around according to all of the blogs Ive read the past few days. (Trying to catch up! Sorry I'm behind!) I'm always impressed when people continue to eat healthy when they're down. If it was me, there would be many more starchy carbs involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Congratulations on the baby!! I hope to see a post soon once you get settled down into the routine! So happy for you and it is so nice to see you back! Starchy carbs are always good :)

      Delete