After I got home I tore it up in the kitchen and now I'm sitting here with a good base for my meals for the week in the fridge and a full belly. So lets check out what I made.
A big ass batch of quinoa! And may I state for the record this is the first successful batch of quinoa I've ever made. I don't know why but I seem to mess it up every time and it is always undercooked. This batch is perfectly fluffy and lovely. I am planning on using it in a few different ways so stay tuned this week to check that out.
The second thing I did was make a big batch of brown rice, most of which I used in...
The Vegg frittata that I saw Bianca make over at Vegan Crunk! I'm glad I checked out the recipe on The Vegg website when I did because it's gone now! I had to make the frittata from memory and I think I did a pretty good job!
Obviously I couldn't wait to tear into it for breakfast so I cut a hearty wedge and enjoyed it with grapes and the other half of my orange that I used making...
Homemade Larabars! I decided to make Orange Coconut flavor. So good! I'm pretty set on snacks now so that is a huge help and will save a ton of $$ at the store.
Orange Coconut Larabars
2 cups dates
1 cup raw almonds
1 cup dried shredded coconut
1 tsp vanilla extract (I used alcohol free)
zest from 1 orange
juice from 1/2 orange
1. Add almonds to food processor and chop into small pieces.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process until well combined and forms a sticky dough. Texture is up to your discretion, I like mine a little smooth but you can leave yours chunky!
3. Take dough from food processor and transfer into a loaf pan lined with plastic wrap.
4. Press dough down until packed very tight. Cover top with plastic wrap overhang.
5. Refrigerate for an hour until it firms up a bit.
6. Remove from loaf pan, uncover and cut into bars. Wrap each bar and store in fridge or freezer.
I'm going to take some time to plan my meals for the next few days. I'm trying to get more organized because I think that'll also help eliminate food waste. Then I'm going to relax! I'm exhausted, I haven't stopped at all this weekend so it'll be nice to just be mellow for a bit.
Hope you all had a great weekend! Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY by midnight on Monday, April 23!