Friday, May 11, 2012

Fun Friday - What I'm Into!

Hey everyone! Happy Friday! It is the return of "Fun Friday" where I show you all the fun stuff I'm into this week. Today has been a very hectic day... after work I ran around for a few hours and then I came home and finished up my mom's Mother's Day gift. Check out the final result!


I distressed the edges a little bit which I think looks pretty good and not as "clean" which I really like :) Not too bad! I think she'll like it.


This should be no surprise but Tough Mudder has taken up a great deal of my thoughts these past few days. Since I verbally committed to it (I'm waiting to sign up to make sure I do it correctly and sign up with the team - should be done by tomorrow hopefully, just waiting for an email back) I have felt a lot of fear and a bit of excitement ;) The next 164 days are going to be devoted to training so I survive this thing. Yikes!


I LOVE the Fighter Girls website/store. They have amazing gear and clothing for women. I have a t-shirt (the "Shut Up or I'll Punch You in the Liver" shirt) and a sweathshirt (Queen of the Cage MMA Hoodie), both of which I got as gifts because lets face it, their stuff is expensive. However, I decided that after the Tough Mudder, I'm going to slurge on one thing as a present to myself for kicking ass :) I have my eye on either a pair of board shorts or this awesome gym bag pictured above.


I am currently obsessed with dehydrators. I don't have one. This makes me so sad I can't even deal. It is on the top of my list of things to get. I see veggie and fruit chips, raw crackers and breads, fruit leather, and raw granola in my future! Eventually.


How cute are these DIY glass magnets!? I found them on Pinterest, naturally. It is actually a suggested wedding favor but that's not happening so I think just making cute refrigerator magnets would be fun :) Maybe using some pretty vegan treats?!

That's it for this week! I have a wedding tomorrow and I'm basically trying to figure out what to bring with me other than a huge bottle of Smart Water. I am sure one of the Artisana packets will come with me but I'm trying to figure out what else to bring. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Hope you all had a great week! Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend! I definitely won't be posting tomorrow since I have such a long day but I should hopefully be back to post about Mother's Day festivities :) Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there (fur child mommies included!), and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

8 comments:

  1. Running around like crazy - I hear you! The final product looks perfect; the distressed edges are a nice touch. Did you use sandpaper to do it?

    A gift would definitely be in order after finishing a race like that! I love the duffle bag!

    A dehydrator would be fantastic - have you looked around to see if there are any deals? If you still had a few of your homemade VavaBars, you could bring those along!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid! Yes the sandpaper was one of the errands! I should have done it a little more but I think it looks ok :)

      I agree! I'm hoping the training and clean eating will help me drop some unwanted poundage so maybe new clothes will be needed ;) If not a gym bag it is!

      There are some small ones that are much more affordable than the excalibur but spending has to be really tight right now so I'll have to wait and see how many weddings come my way. I was thinking of a vavabar but if I'm bringing the artisana packet I don't want to go too overboard on the nuts. I'll probably bring one just in case though because it is a long day and I'll need the fuel!

      Thanks, you too!

      Delete
  2. The Mother's Day gift looks great! I'm sure your mom will just adore it. It's so thoughtful. :)

    I think you'll have earned anything you want after finishing the Tough Mudder! I would take a look at their site, but I'd probably want to buy something....

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly, I hope so!

      The site is amazing, I can't look at it either because I want everything! I don't know how I convinced people to buy me gifts from there but I'm glad I did ;) I'll have to pick something out when the time comes though!

      Thanks, you too!

      Delete
  3. Yes, the picture frame looks super cute. I am still not sure what to do for mother's day.
    As for the other mudder - you will do great! And you will definitely deserve a treat once yr done.
    I have a dehydrator but never use it. I should get on that... maybe some dry cereal would be a good snack tomorrow? Or vegetable sticks? Either way, def stay hydrated - it's gonna be pretty warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I'm sure you figured out something nice for your Mama :) Haha the other mudder! I'm starting hardcore tomorrow. I need to figure out a training regimen and diet plan to keep myself energized. I'm going to re-read Thrive by Brendan Brazier and maybe I'll have a better idea.

      I drank lots of water, thanks!

      Delete
  4. I just checked out the Fighter Girls Web site. Very cool stuff...but out of my price range. :(

    I'm really proud of you for deciding to do the Tough Mudder. Even though I wouldn't dare try it, I'm excited to read about your upcoming training (physically and mentally).

    Good luck at the wedding and I hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is definitely pricey but a girl can dream :)

      Thank you! I'm scared of my upcoming training but excited to share it with you!

      Thanks, you too!

      Delete