Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Typical Tuesday

Hey everyone! This is going to be a quick post since I have to finish getting ready for work! Pretty good food day today :) Crappy photos though. Don't know what happened! Sorry!


For breakfast this morning I had a proper bowl of my Raw Buckwheat Cereal! It was SOOOO good and the milk tasted amazing too. I added a bit too much milk but it was all good ;) Can't wait to try it in new ways too!


Lunch was a delicious Mexican Quinoa Bowl. Mixed in the salsa already but left the guac on top because it looks like a hot mess when it's all mixed in. Took the photo in the window, better lighting. 


Afternoon snack will be a pear and some strawberries!


A big chopped salad for dinner! Greens, cucumber, carrot, sun dried tomatoes, and sugar snap peas.

That's all for now! Hope you all had a great day! Sorry so quick!

10 comments:

  1. That raw buckwheat cereal looks great - lots of nuts - yum! Your lunch bowl looks very good too, both the contents and the bowl itself. I have not tried sun-dried tomatoes on salad yet, but I will some time, eventually. I hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! The cereal was great as was the quinoa bowl! I seriously recommend making that, it's so good! I love sun dried tomatoes in salads, it gives it a fun texture and a rich taste.

      Thanks, glad it's over! Hope you had a great one and that you are feeling better!

      Delete
  2. No wonder you go through Almond Milk so quickly. Gotta heavy hand with the container.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Believe it or not that is only 1/2 cup! I used 1/2 cup each of the cereal and the milk. Gotta go with 1/3 cup milk next time. Most of my almond milk goes in smoothies :)

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that the cereal was good with milk!

    My stomach is starting to growl from catching up with everyone's blogs. Everything looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly! I know, I always get so hungry when I read everyone's posts!

      Delete
  4. what a great food day! and i love that bowl that your granola is in...it's so cute! i love the color and the detail:) have a great wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caralyn! The bowls were a holiday gift and it is part of a set of stacking measuring bowls! That is the 1 cup one. :) I use them as serving dishes because they are so beautiful! Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. A tasty day, if you ask me! The cereal looks so good, you might never have to buy boxed cereal again! Seeing your delicious quinoa bowl reminds me that I have two avocados needing to be used. . .

    Will you try to make kale chips in your dehydrator? I wonder if chickpeas would work in there, too? Look at me, putting in my orders for your dehydrator - ha! :) Perhaps I'm just over-excited at all the possibilities?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ingrid! I agree, I will probably never buy cereal again :) It is really delicious! Definitely try the quinoa bowl, I think you'll like it!

      Kale chips are my next project for my dehydrator! It seems like Sunday is my dehydrator day so stay tuned for that to be posted probably on Monday depending how long it takes to dehydrate! I found a yummy looking recipe, can't wait to try it!

      Delete