Friday, September 2, 2011

Wedding Day Eats

I'm working another wedding today so I'm just going to be posting what I've eaten (breakfast), what I will eat (lunch and snack) because these are the only meals I have control over.

It's been kind of a rough week, I feel very out of sorts with all of the disruptions from the hurricane and to top it off I was in a little fender bender yesterday. Everyone is ok, I banged up my knee a little and my car is going to be in the shop for a while but it was just a really scary experience (I've never been involved in an accident). After that I was called to work today and then I had to cancel my training session for tonight and then Monday is canceled because the gym is closed for Labor Day.  It's all kinda bumming me out.  I plan on taking this weekend to try and relax, do some vegan baking for my giveaway winners (!!!) and lots of yoga.

Anyway, sorry to be such a bummer, I'll show you some yums now.


Breakfast was some fruit I was supposed to eat yesterday.


Last night my friend thought I needed a good meal and a margarita to calm my nerves. I got a delicious strawberry margarita and a really amazing, delicious meal. It is brown rice with veggies and sesame crusted tofu in the most delicious and slightly spicy orange sauce I've ever tasted. The orange was so bright and fresh! My pre-wedding lunch is the leftovers from dinner and it is a perfect balance of grain, veg and protein to start a long day :)


Bringing a lemon larabar as snack.


Gratuitous shot of Eddie because he is so photogenic :)

Sorry to be a bit of a downer today, once I get through work I'll feel better and get to relax. Yoga tomorrow will help too. Hope all is well on your ends!




4 comments:

  1. Both tiled AND hardwood floors! I'm guessing bro is on vacation down in the Caribbean, but it's hurricane season. Where might he be?

    Oh, sorry to hear about the accident. Glad no one was seriously injured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Sarah!! I'm so sorry that happened, I hope you spoil yourself with a massage or something nice. :)

    On a food note, the dinner turned into lunch looks super delish.

    Hope the wedding went well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, sorry to hear about the accident! Glad you're okay and I hope the car isn't too much. Margaritas are definitely the way to go there.
    Hope everything's okay and that the yoga calmed you down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shen - My bro is in Florida, coming back tomorrow actually. He is trying to outrun the new storm that is brewing! Thanks, no one was seriously injured...jammed up my legs a bit but trying to stretch them slowly with some low intensity yoga.

    Ingrid - Thank you so much, I'm gonna see what I can do to spoil myself. Taking a day off as an actual day off is my version of spoiling myself I guess, but maybe I'll get myself a little treat on my whole foods run tomorrow. That lunch dish was DELICIOUS I wish I knew how to make that sauce!

    FF - Thanks so much. The margarita definitely hit the spot and yoga definitely helps!

    ReplyDelete