So I had a pretty rough work weekend. It has taken a little bit of a toll on my mood but I'm pretty excited to have a training session tonight so I can get a little aggression out. I was also really happy to see the great response to my last post about the super cute food related gifts I've found! :) That definitely helped to lift my spirits.
Something else that helped lift my spirits was my amazing breakfast of Pumpkin Pie! OK not really pumpkin pie ;) But I made a super healthy breakfast that mimicked pumpkin pie and it was really delicious and comforting so I thought it was the perfect first recipe post of MoFo! Check it!
Pumpkin Chia Pudding Pie!
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup favorite plant milk (I used unsweetened vanilla almond breeze)
1 tbsp chia seeds
generous sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp of vanilla extract
Sweetener to taste (I added a little bit of stevia)
1/4 cup favorite granola
Combine all ingredients except granola in a bowl (make sure there is a little room for the seeds to expand). Let the mixture sit at least one hour so the seeds soak up the liquid. I left mine overnight. When you are ready to eat, sprinkle granola over top of the pudding. There's your pie crust!
*I made this recipe without the stevia but had to add it because it wasn't quite sweet enough for me. You can always up the maple syrup if you prefer. I also used 3/4 cup liquid but found it wasn't thick enough so I would recommend 1/2 cup*
As if this delicious treat wasn't enough to cheer me up, the lovely Sage of Sweet and Sage nominated me for this super fun award!
Thanks Sage! Check out her blog, it is a lovely space that is bursting with positivity, cuteness and fun! :)
7 Facts About Myself!
1. I have 3 tattoos and can't wait to get more! I have one big piece (cherry blossoms in wind across my upper back) and 2 small ones (skull and crossbones on the inside of my foot and hibiscus flower on the back of my ankle).
Here I am getting my back piece done!
2. I have a weird obsession with plaid. I love it!
3. I am very low maintenance and I'm not super girly. I do, however, have my moments...like when I got these shoes...
4. I went to graduate school in Seattle. I have an MA in Communication.
5. I spent 3 weeks backpacking after I graduated college. I went to London, Dublin, Edinburgh, Brussels and Paris. It was an amazing experience.
6. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 25. I was terrified of driving!
7. My idea of a perfect day is getting under the covers with a cup of tea or coffee and watching silly movies.
And here are the bloggers I want to know more about! No obligation to participate but I thought it would be fun!
Maud at Food Feud
Shen at Shenandoah Vegan
Michelle at lovinlivinvegan
Ingrid at Ingrid Improves
Isobelle at vganjar
Nikki at Fresh Young Coconut
Sara at Busy Vegan Mama
Jenny at Vegan and So Forth
Rose at Dandelion Vegan Blog
Molly at Vegan Flower
Jeni at Heathen Vegan
Vic at The Life
Rachael at Passing Daisies
Jesse at The Happy Go Lucky Vegan
Check out all of these awesome blogs!
And finally, this was my 200th post! I can't believe it has been that many already! Thank you all so much for your support and for reading and following! Can't wait for the next 200 :D