Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Good eats today :)

Hey everyone. Woke up early and dragged my butt to the gym. It felt good because I've felt really lazy lately. I'm trying to get back in the habit of working hard and the motivation is certainly there :) Came home and did some laundry so I feel pretty productive today... all before I even go to work!

I'm getting ready to go to work at two and I've already got my dinner set to bring with me so here is what I'm eating/have eaten today!


Before the gym I had two clementines to put something in my tummy and for a bit of a sugar boost :)


When I got home I made a protein shake. It was as disgusting as it looks. I broke my small smoothie blender and didn't feel like bringing out the big blender so I attempted to hand mix it. So gross, it had clumps of protein powder. I just chugged it down and chased it with a yummy banana :)


Lunch totally made up for it though! I had some golden sesame tofu from Whole foods along with some brown rice/edamame/red onion dish from the prepared section too. I added some leftover brussels sprouts with caramelized onions and it was such a delicious meal.

When I get to work I'll have a small coffee. Haven't had any yet, I can definitely use the jolt!


For dinner I'm bringing a gorgeous salad to eat with a little balsamic vinaigrette. This is going to be so good, it has organic greens, carrots, cucumber, sun-dried tomatoes and portabello mushrooms.

Hope you all have a great day! Definitely going to relax when I get home tonight :)

8 comments:

  1. That certainly is a gorgeous salad! The colors in it are so rich.

    I should start exercising in the morning, but I already get up at 5:00 or earlier... Still, it's so nice to get it out of the way. You're lucky that you can work later like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, the whole day looks super nutritious! Even though Andy Cohen would be sad to know that his mazel mug was not filled with deliciousness, you are a trooper for drinking it anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly - Thanks! The salad was so good! I ate half and I'm saving the other half for tomorrow because we are SUPER busy so I'll just have to eat a quick no prep lunch or dinner. It is funny because I prefer working early and getting out earlier. I am not a huge fan of working til 9 but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. If I don't work out in the morning I won't be able to work out after.

    Ingrid - Thanks! Haha Andy would not like that protein shake but it's all good. It's usually filled with more delicious things so I'm sure he'd give me a pass on this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That salad is gorgeous! I need one of those for my supper :)
    I thought your protein shake was hot chocolate....lol
    I have yet to get motivated to work out. Maybe I will soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited the little clementines are back! They are cute and sweet and perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle - ha I wish it was hot chocolate! Not so much, sadly. The salad was SO delicious! Exactly what I was craving.

    FF - I know, clementines are so amazing! I just need to stop eating almost 5 lbs in a week :X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe it's Clementine time again. The first pic looks like you're planning to juggle a few.

    I am not a Smoothie expert, but hand-mixing one definitely sounds like a no-no.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, if I had skills I'd totally juggle! Well the protein shake is just powder and almond milk so I was hoping it would blend in like chocolate milk but no such luck. I guess I'll just have to haul out the big blender until I can replace my smaller one.

    ReplyDelete